Our unique university assistant program gives teachers the chance to get to know this fantastic country while gaining experience teaching academic English and conversation skills to university students.
Highlights and benefits
- Experience Malaysian hospitality and integrate into campus life
- Group arrival
- Paid position with accommodation provided
- One-semester commitment(with option to extend to a second semester)
- In-country support from ELC Malaysia
- Option to take the ELC Certificate in TESOL at ELC Kuala Lumpur
Teaching on our TAP program in a Malaysian university will give you a taste of campus life and valuable teaching experience.
The objective of the program to give the university students as much natural exposure to English as possible. These students study academic English formally with local university lecturers and the foreign teachers who cover grammar, reading, writing etc. In addition, our teachers take smaller remedial classes with a focus on speaking and listening skills. Teachers are also required to encourage English use in more relaxed situations outside the classroom such as speaking clubs, social activities, excursions, weekend trips, sporting activities etc.
The position is ideal for teachers who wish to gain their first teaching experience overseas.
4 - 5 months (1 semester) with option to extend
Contact us for details
- Pre-departure support
- 2 day in-country orientation
- Return transport from Kuala Lumpur to university
- Salary of approx. MYR 3500 per month (can vary slightly between placements)
- Accommodation and some bills
- Work permit arranged
- Welfare & emergency support
- Academic support
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees (as applicable)
- Teaching up to 25 hours face to face per week
- Non-teaching tasks of up to 15 hours per week (marking, reports, materials development etc.).
- May include participation in conversation groups, clubs etc.
- Degree (any subject)
- TESOL or TEFL qualification (min. 120 hours) or take your TESOL certificate with ELC
- No experience required if you have completed a face-to-face TESOL course; 6 months experience required if you have completed an online TESOL course
- Age 21-55
- Clean police record
- Sense of adventure
- Cultural sensitivity
- Previous travel experience
- Proficient in English (non native English speakers can be considered but must have advanced English and clear accent)