Write your resume in English
To find a job in Australia you need to write a resume showing your experience and skills.
Most resumes in Australia are one to two pages long. The following format is recommended:
- Type your name in large letters at the top of your resume
Name, phone number and email address, Australian address, visa type and work limitations, nationality (if you want)
- List from most recent to earliest
- Experience should be relevant so don’t list every job
- Describe the duties and responsibilities you had
- Include names of educational institutions and the dates you attended
- The most important qualifications to include are your degree and any qualifications from Australia
- Don’t forget to include English school!
- This is things you learn, like languages, computer skills and driver’s licence
- Sports, musical talents and any other important things
- Names and addresses of people you’ve worked for and who will provide a reference if necessary