All ELC students can join our Student Work Assistance Program for free!
When you start at ELC we’ll help you to
- Open a bank account
- Apply for a tax-file number
- Choose a mobile phone plan
- Prepare a resume
- Search for and apply for jobs
- Practise interviewing language and techniques
- Learn about pay rates and working conditions
Join our Work Ready seminars including:
- Intensive interview practice
- Working in a bar
- Working in a restaurant
- Numbers and money
- The Australian Workplace – Terms and contracts
Students can make an appointment to discuss their employment with the SWAP coordinator at any time.
- Have your resume checked
- Enquire about tax
- Receive advice about a contract
Student Job Database
In addition to our SWAP program, you might want to subscribe to our student job database: we have teamed up with the provider of Australia’s largest database of casual jobs to provide a job alert service for ELC students. Create a profile and resume online, receive information about work available to suit your timetable and skills and apply online. You can sign up and pay for this program in Sydney.
Who can join?
SWAP is primarily designed to help Student visa holders look for a part-time job and is also suitable for Working Holiday visa holders.
When do I work?
Student visa holders can work part-time during their course. Working Holiday visa holders can both work part-time during their course or full-time after they complete their course.
What level of English do I need?
No minimum level is required to use this service. However, a minimum of intermediate level will be required for most jobs in Sydney.
- SWAP – Student Work Assistance Program – Free
- Student Job Database (payable on arrival) - $89