We do everything we can to make your experience in Australia a happy and safe one. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave we will look after you, making sure you have everything you need.
Our support service include:
- Pre-departure information
- Airport pickup and accommodation
- School and Sydney orientation
- Academic counselling
- Help with your everyday life in Sydney
- Student Work Assistance Program
- Travel desk
Before you leave home
We’ll send you pre-departure information including our student handbook. This includes advice on what to bring with you and information about Australian life and customs to help you plan your trip.
When you arrive
We can arrange for you to be met at the airport and taken to your accommodation. If you are staying with a homestay family, they will show you how to get to the college. If you are in our residential accommodation a map and full directions will be waiting there for you.
Your first day at ELC
On your first day at the school you will be given a full orientation. You will also be given written and spoken placement tests to assist us in placing you in the most suitable class.
|8:00 - 8:30 am||Welcome to ELC|
|8:30 - 10:00 am||English test and spoken interview|
|10:00 - 10:30 am||Coffe Break|
|10:30 - 11:30 am||Orientation|
|11:30 - 12:00 am||School tour & class information|
|12:00 - 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|1:00 pm onwards||Introduction to new classmates and first ELC class|
While you’re studying
ELC’s friendly staff are available whenever you need some help. Our support services include:
- Guidance on everyday life in Australia such as transport, tourism and medical enquiries.
- Academic advice including: your studies at ELC, how to maximise your progress and information about further study pathways in Australia
- Work advice for student and working holiday visa holders
- Travel information and bookings from our student activities desk or through our licensed student and backpacker travel agency.