Whether you want to work your way around Australia, find part-time work in Sydney or improve your future career prospects, we have a program that will suit you.
Depending on your visa options, there are four programs you can choose from
Work Ready Program
If you are on a student visa, you can work part time (20 hours per week) and if you are on a working holiday visa you can work part-time while studying or full time after you finish your course. Our Work Ready Program is a free service that will help you in your search for work.Learn more
Work & Travel Program
We have teamed up with Australia's largest employment agency for working holiday makers, if you have a working holiday visa become a member and receive all their services including access to paid work.Learn more
If you want to get valuable work experience in your chosen profession we can organise a professional internship for you. You will need to be on a Working Holiday visa or meet the eligibility requirements for a Special Program Visa.Learn more
Being an au pair is a cultural experience in which in exchange for helping out with childcare or nanny duties and light housework you are welcomed as a member of the family, given full board accommodation in your own room and paid pocket money. Study first for a few months and then - once you have finished your English course - move in with your host family and become an au pair.Learn more
Other ways ELC helps you with preparing for work in Australia
Dedicated English for Work classes:
- Preparing your resume
- Interview techniques
- The language you need for typical working holiday and student jobs in Australia
Hospitality skills and qualifications
Many of our students find work in cafes, bars and restaurants in Australia. To gain the relevant skills or qualifica- tions, visit our travel and work desk inside our student lounge to book one of the following courses:
- Coffee skills - train to become a barista thanks to this half day course.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) - This qualification is mandatory for bar and restaurant staff in Australia. This is a one-day course and you will get your certificate on the same day.
- Bar skills - This course takes you through the basics of how to serve drinks in a bar.
- Cocktail skills - This course teaches you the skills and secrets behind the best cocktails.